Wednesday, July 9, 2014

My day and night skin care routine

I get asked a lot why my skin appears so clear even with makeup on. I cannot stress enough how important it is to take care of your skin daily AND nightly! I get this all the time: "Bri how come your skin looks like that with foundation and my doesn't?" then I ask "Do you wash your skin everyday and have a skin care regimen?" and sadly the answer is usually no. I know a lot of people think it's a waste of time or it doesn't work, but trust me IT DOES. You may not know this but as you get older and you start to see skin damage, that can actually be a result of your skin not being taken care of as a child. I even get a lot of mom's telling me that their child doesn't need skin care because they're too young. Shocking for me. My mom had me using skin care at a very young age. Although my skin has it's flaws, like the occasional break out or some freckles I am very glad my mom made me use skin care so young. Being a beauty consultant and going to school for skin/makeup I am obsessed with skin care and never go a day without taking care of my skin. All skin types are different as well so my skin care routine might not be exactly what you need. I am fairly normal. I don't get too dry or oily. Skin types can me normal, dry, combination or sensitive. Wherever you go to find skin care be sure to tell your consultant what your skin type is and if you don't know ask them to help you determine it. 

My morning routine: First I always start with washing my face (not pictured). I mostly stick to the purifying facial wash by Bare Minerals ($20) or the Foaming Gel cleanser by Obagi. A couple times a week I'll use a clarasonic to get rid of dead skin cells. After I cleanse I go in with a serum. A serum is going to help penetrate other skin care products deeper into your skin. The one I use is called Active Cell Renewal Night Serum by Bare Minerals ($50). Yes, I know it says night but I like to use it before I put my makeup on, because this particular serum also adds hydration to the skin. I then go in with my moisturizer. I have a couple of different ones that I use. I switch off a lot. I love Bare Minerals moisturizers as well but lately I've been using moisturizers by Obagi. Obagi is not sold in stores but you can find it in a lot of dermatologist or plastic surgeon offices. This line I've been using since I were a teenager. One moisturize helps with renewing the skin and one is to add hydration. Studio Moisture fix by MAC is also great because of the moisture and SPF benefits. I like to use that on my clients right before I do their makeup. Lastly, I use a eye cream. My ultimate favorite has been the renew and hydrate eye cream by Bare Minerals ($32). I have dehydration under my eyes and this eye cream always makes my under eye feel and look so smooth even with makeup over them. Before I leave the house I always have to put sunscreen on. SUPER IMPORTANT!!! My favorite is by obagi or the tinted moisturizers from Bare Minerals that has SPF in it.



My night routine: Again, I wash my face with the same cleansers (Bare Minerals or Obagi). I switch off my serums daily. One is the Biolucent Mineral Brightening treatment ($55). It does exactly what the bottle says. It brightens the skin lol. This product helps diminish the looks of dark spots and discoloration. Remember, you might not have that problem, but skin care is very preventative. The other serum I love is Multi Wrinkle Repair also by Bare Minerals ($50). This product targets fine lines and wrinkles in the skin. Next I go in with my moisturizers. It is the same moisturizers from my morning routine except one is specifically for night. The reason there are things for day and night is because your skin cells turnover (renew) over night while you're asleep. Then I use the same eye cream that I use in my morning routine.
I know all this seems like a lot but once you get started you get used to it. I am not comfortable going to bed without washing my face and putting my skin care on. It's just like working out. You want to take care of your body, and your skin is part of that. Drinking a lot of water helps the skin as well. Again, my routine may not be for you because of our different skin types, but I hope I helped in some way .I love trying new things so you never know I might find a new favorite some day. If you guys have any questions please do not hesitate to ask! Thank you for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment